You and Me

For almost ten years I feel like I haven't seen you properly...
I have been very happy and very sad, and you just wouldn’t appear...
I have been through a lot, but you never showed up...
I tried, and I tried to have you, but you always seemed to get away...
I have missed you and even thought that it was actually a “it’s me, not you” problem...

You at long last came out when I least expected...
I finally felt you wondering along my face...
You are the sign that I am alive and feeling...
You are the ultimate demonstration of affection and tender...

I hate you and love you at the same time, my tear...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crying just makes you more human. Not weaker, not fragile, not feeble…just you. Embrace it and don’t forget how it feels when another ten years go by without experiencing it.