Ducks & Bats

I recently took on a new sport...
One that I usually made fun of, and thought to be for old timers...

Yes, I am talking about jogging...
Jogging in my mind would be running from point A all around back to point A... so no big purpose in it...
It seemed boring and the physical part, so I thought, wasn't too demanding...

Well, with Hyde Park as my close neighbour I thought I should try it out...
Running with someone is nice, but I definitely came to love and respect going for a run by myself...
Either it's following the sunset and nightfall in the London landscape, or going for a run in almost complete darkness, the feeling is awesome...
As I follow around the Lake my mind lets go, wonders into my life issues and problems or completely random thoughts, and gets filled by the tunes I am listening...

My first run at night proved to be a mix of perceptions completely different from what I had ever experienced...
The sound of the thousands of ducks in the Lake blended with the sight of bats hovering over my head as I could only see about 3 feet ahead of me, turning the whole thing kind of creepy but at the same time exhilarating...
I now proudly say I love jogging...

4 comments:

Farinha said...

The problem with jogging... bad weather. And you'll get plenty of it in London, I guess.
I would say (although I've never actually did it) it's unpleasant to jog when it's raining. And don't even get me started on the Wind...

S said...

I think you should start with thoose roller skis we meked fun of in the park!

Unknown said...

Farinha:
London has bad weather, true. But honest to God, it's not as bad as people think.
That being said, I haven't ran in the rain but I think I will in a "Man against Nature" kind of thing...
As for the Wind... haven't felt anything like windy Lisbon...

S.:
Roller blades maybe... Roller skis are just geeky and pointless... But I never say never...

Farinha said...

You might have a point there with Lisbon being more windy than London. I don't know.
All I know is that when it's windy (and I get that a lot here in the west coast of Ireland), it's soooo much harder to run. It's not even challenging, but just outright frustrating and annoying.